STANDARD REVISED STATUTES OF THE SPORTS ASSOCIATIONS Amendment to some Provisions of the Chairman’s Resolution No. 69/2011, Regarding the Executive Regulation of Sports Federations
UAE TENNIS ASSOCIATION CONSTITUTION EFFECTIVE 2015/2016 SEASON
Chairman’s Resolution No. 40/2014
Concerning the amendments to some provisions of the Chairman’s Resolution No. 69 /2011, Circular No. 117 /2014
To: Olympic Committee, Federations and Associations engaged in youth & sports welfare, Dear Secretary-General, After compliments,
Re: Amendment to some Provisions of the Chairman’s Resolution No. 69/2011 Regarding the Executive Regulation of Sports Federations Execution: Top Urgent
The General Authority of Youth & Sports Welfare, extends sincere greetings to you and would wish to appreciate your dedicated efforts and the ongoing cooperation to realize our common objective of serving the UAE.
With reference to the Chairman’s Resolution No. 40/2014 regarding the amendment of some provisions of the Chairman’s Resolution No. 69/2011, regarding the Executive Regulation of Sports Federations, all concerned authorities are required to implement this resolution in their respective domains and shall come into force as of this date.
Thanks and best wishes,
Ibrahim Abdul Malik,
Chairman’s Resolution No. 40/2014
Concerning the amendments to some provisions of the Chairman’s Resolution No. 69 /2011,
Regarding the Executive Regulation of Sports Federations
- Having reviewed the Federal Law No 1/1972 and its amendments as regards the prerogatives of ministries and ministers.
- the Federal Law No 8/1984 and its amendments regarding commercial entities
- the decree issued pursuant to the federal law No. 7/2008 regarding the Authority and operating entities
- the Chairman’s Resolution No. 85/1988 and its amendments regarding the Unified statutes of Sports Federations
- cabinet's resolution No. 19/2001 regarding the Authority’s Organization Chart
- cabinet's resolution No. 106, 107, 103/2010 regarding the formation of the Authority’s Board of Directors
- secretary-general’s resolution No. 23/2009 regarding the formation of the Regulations and Executive Systems Preparation Committee related to the Decree
- the resolution issued by the Authority’s Board of Directors in the meeting No. 4/2010 regarding the approval of the Executive Regulation of Sports Federations
- the Chairman’s ResolutionNo 69/2011 regarding the approval of the amendments introduced to the Executive Regulation of Sports Federations ; along with the resolution issued by the Authority’s Board of Directors in its meeting No. 3 dated 21/10/2014 regarding the enforcement of the final amendments to the provisions of the Chairman’s Resolution No. 69/2011
- what was presented by the Authority’s Secretary-General, We have decided
To endorse this Regulation under name “Executive Regulation of Sports Federations” comprising 60 Articles detailed as follows:
The following words and phrases, wherever appearing in this Regulation, shall have the meanings shown against each of them, unless the context indicates otherwise:
|Country||United Arab Emirates (UAE)|
|Board||The Board of the General Authority for Youth and Sports Welfare|
|Chairman||Chairman of the Board|
|Decree||The decree issued pursuant to a federal law No. 7/2008 regarding the Authority and operating entities.|
|Entity||A legal public or private (profit or non-profit) entity engaged in the youth sports and welfare activities in the UAE under the decree.|
|Operating Entity||A public entity licensed by the Authority to exercise one game/discipline (or more) or specific activity including sports federations, associations, clubs and athletic association.|
|Private Entity||The private entity licensed by the Authority to exercise one game/discipline (or more) or specific activity under the umbrella of the Federation including clubs, private centers, companies and service offices.|
|Promulgated Entity||The operating entity that acquires its legal personality after promulgation by the Authority under the decree.|
|Federation||The entity promulgated by the Authority to manage one game/discipline or more, or any other specific activity under the provisions of this regulation.|
|Sports Association||The entity promulgated by the Authority to manage one game/discipline under the provisions of the relevant regulation|
|Athletic Association||The entity operating under the umbrella of the federation and promulgated by the Authority under the under the provisions of the relevant regulation including athletes' associations, referees, professionals and fans.|
|Statute||The internal legislative act required to establish, promulgate and run an entity in from the executive (administrative, financial and technical) aspects, without do not clash with the provisions of the decree, regulation and other legislations applicable in the UAE.|
|General Assembly||The entity with legislative, organizational, procedural reference and legal competency constituted pursuant to the provisions of this regulation made up of by all operating and Affiliate Members.|
|Member||The party or ordinary person who is an operating or Affiliate Member in the General Assembly in any of the categories mentioned of this Regulation.|
|Active Member||The member entitled to attend the General Assembly and has the right to vote, stand as candidate and cast a ballot|
|Affiliate Member||The member entitled to attend the General Assembly but has no right to vote, stand as a candidate or cast a ballot.|
|Founding Member||The Active Member who participates in establishing a sports federation or association|
|Office Term||A term of four years starting within 5 months from the end of a term and finishing within 4 months from the following term.|
|Representative||The Emirati citizen commissioned to represent an entity who is a member in the General Assembly.|
|Board of Directors||The elected or appointed persons to run the federation during the office term including Emirates Tennis and continental federation members, if any.|
|Chairman of the Board||The person elected or appointed to chair the Federation.|
|Executive Office||The office formed by the Board of Directors and authorized to consider urgent issues compelling immediate action on behalf of the Board of Directors.|
|Committee||Any permanent, temporary or ad hoc committee formed by the Board of Directors from its own members, or by adding a panel of experts and specialists of relevance to carry out specific tasks to help the Board of Directors to perform their duties and realize their objectives.|
|Cadre||The human resources including each permanent or temporary employee holding a certain position in the organization chart of the federation for a salary specified by the relevant financial regulation.|
|Club||The promulgated body established pursuant to the relevant regulations to exercise a game/games, a discipline / disciplines or specific activity /activities.|
|Sports Center||The entity established, approved or promulgated by the Authority to exercise specific activities including youth and sports activities|
|External Federation||The sports entity responsible for managing and realigning a game, sport or specific activity including the Emirates Tennis, continental, regional, Arabian and GCC federations.|
|Emirates Tennis Federation||Tennis Federation The sports entity established to manage and realign a game, sport or specific activity at the Emirates Tennis level.|
|Emirates Tennis Law||The legislations issued by the Emirates Tennis Federation governing various technical and administrative aspects of a game/ discipline or specific activity, observed and implemented by the federation.|
|Olympic Games||The (Winter or Summer) Olympic Games organized by the International Olympic Committee on a set date once every four years|
|Olympic Games Date||The approved set date for organizing the (Winter or Summer) Olympic Games, whether held or not.|
|Majority||The legal reference for issuing legitimate resolutions and approving recommendations by amassing more affirmative votes than negative ones.|
|Simple Majority||A majority in which the number of affirmative votes voters exceeds the number of negative voters without specifying a number for affirmative votes. In case of equal votes, the chairman’s vote automatically becomes the official majority.|
|Absolute Majority||This requires the votes of half of eligible members + 1 (including absentees) 50%+1, noting that the rounding rule does not apply here.|
|Proportional Majority||This requires the votes of half of the quorum (without counting absentees) + 1 (including absentees) 50%+1, noting that the rounding rule does not apply here.|
The operating sports entity with a legal personality which is financially and administratively independent after promulgation. In this capacity, it is responsible for managing and realigning a game, sport (or more) or specific activity. It is not allowed to promulgate more than one federation for the same game/discipline or specific activity in the country.
The federation shall comply with the following:
- The Authority’s general policy, organizational & executive guidelines, along with resolutions and instructions issued.
- Legislations and laws along with valid Olympic, international, regional and national codes of relevance.
The federation shall seek to realize the following objectives:
- Promoting the spirit of loyalty, sense of belonging and national identity among youth.
- Disseminating sports spirit and cementing the principles of fair competition and fair play.
- Enhancing the communal infrastructure and its various elements and components.
- Combating all types of riots, fanaticism and encouraging positive, purposeful and constructive support.
- Establishing the principles of co-operation and mutual respect with various internal and external entities.
- Representing the UAE in various sports venues in the best possible manner
- Shoring up ties of communication, mutual approach and co-operation with other nations.
- Running, developing and building strong base for the game/discipline or specific activity.
- Forming national teams of various and categories capable of making achievements.
- Encouraging and capitalizing on the participation of women in all sports activities.
- Discovering talented athletes, honing their skills and enhancing their capabilities to make sports achievements.
Federations are classified as follows:
- Olympic Federation: Member in an international federation for an Olympic game.
- Paralympic Federation: Member in an international federation accredited by the International Olympic Committee for a non-Olympic game
- Non-Olympic Federation: Member in an international federation unaccredited by the International Olympic Committee.
- Specific Federation: Member in an international federation accredited by the International Olympic Committee for a specific activity.
- Popular Federation: The federation in charge of a popular local game/discipline.
The Authority shall approve the promulgation of a federation as per the following conditions:
- Olympic/Paralympic Federation: Providing founders of four clubs as minimum or providing founders of three clubs as minimum + (a sports center or sports association)
- Non-Olympic Federation: Providing founders of 5 clubs as minimum or four clubs + (a sports center or sports association).
- Specific Federation: Providing an accredited international or continental entity exercising the same activity.
- Popular Federation: Providing an entity exercising an activity in a popular game /discipline.
- The Authority may amend, add or exempt some foundation conditions for the public interest.